Wax Dripped & Air Quiet
candles lit and soft music trailed.
The house smelt of freshly ground cumin and pepper and feet brushed against the floor.
Eyes barely met, too shy to interact. Too new to not say anything at all.
We skipped surface and met straight to the point:
Unnerved with pride you spoke a lot.
Filling your belly with full inhales to exercise your diaphragm with rich story exhales-
Merlot red stained my tee and paprika still lingered in the air.
Our lips kissed with purple. I wish my fingers were in your hair.
Plates lighter and bottom halves heavier. Hands closer and ankles touching.
Tongue swirled and sheets messy. Wax dripped and air quiet.
Our dirty utensils still dressed.
Dressed Roasted Carrots
- 10 large carrots
- 1 1/2 tbs oil (plus additional for roasting)
- 1 tbs mustard
- 1 tbs vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbs fresh chopped parsley
- 1 clove grated garlic
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven at 375F.
- Lay out carrots on a baking sheet and drizzle enough oil to coat evenly. Sprinkle a nice amount of salt and pepper.
- Pop into the oven for about 20 to 40 minutes (you want them golden and tender).
- In a small bowl combine mustard, vinegar, honey, garlic, fresh parsley, and salt and pepper and whisk together (feel free to add more oil if you'd like it looser).
- Once your carrots are to the texture and color desired, pull them out of the oven.
- Pour dressing over carrots, toss, and serve.